Similo is a cooperative card game that is doing well. There are many different decks with different themes and characters. So far I have played three of them. In this game one player is the clue giver and the rest are guessers. A grid of 4x3 is laid out. One of these cards is a secret goal which only the clue giver knows. The clue giver needs to provide information to the rest so that they can eventually identify the secret goal.
Let’s take the historical figures deck as an example. All the cards in the deck are historical figures. The clue giver has a hand of cards. He has to play a card in order to give hints to the others. If a card is played normally, then it shares something in common with the secret goal. However if it is played sideways, then there’s something about it that’s different from the secret goal. Let’s say I’m the clue giver and the secret goal is Napoleon. I can play a female character sideways. I can play a military leader upright. I can play an Asian leader sideways. There are many aspects to every character. The hint I intend to give may not be interpreted correctly by the guessers. In the first round they must remove one character. In the second round two, then three, then four. By then they will have more clues. You can cross check the hints. Some will make you realise an earlier interpretation was incorrect. Every time you remove a character, if it is the secret goal, you lose immediately.
There is a nice build-up. You must remove more and more characters. It is challenging for the clue giver to give hints well. The guessers need to discuss and debate ideas. The finale is always exciting. There will be only two cards left, and you must pick one. You may have many clues by then, but this last character likely has many similarities to the secret goal. That is why it has not been removed up to that point.







No comments:
Post a Comment