It's always an amazing feeling to hold in my hand the final product after
months or years of work. The Pilgrim Poker project went pretty
smoothly. I planned to have it launched during the Asian Board Games Festival
in Penang. All the art was submitted to Magicraft slightly ahead of schedule.
We allowed for ample time for shipping. The games arrived at my doorstep the
week before ABGF. A lot of work needs to be done once the eagle lands.
I have been a little worried how the front cover will turn out even after I
have submitted the art to the manufacturer. Not everyone I asked thought this
was a good idea. Only upon seeing the final product I felt relieved. I think
this works. I still get excited when I open a box to behold this sight -
stacks of my games.
Now boxes are always delivered with those plastic protectors attached to the
corners. They do help.
One of my tasks upon receiving a new game is to take an updated family photo.
Now I have six physically published games (counting Dancing Queen as
just one title). I have published five games under Cili Padi Games.
Malaysian Holidays is published by Specky Studio. The
Dancing Queen international edition is published by Matagot.
I have updated my website to complete the Pilgrim Poker page. That
means I needed to take photos of the physical product. I also needed to record
an unboxing video. I needed to do some video editing, adding some music. I
needed to upload the video to Youtube. The Cili Padi Games website front page
header is a photo of all my games. That photo needed to be updated too.
All the components of Pilgrim Poker
Oh and I needed to update the order form at my website. That meant I needed to
calculate the shipping costs for Pilgrim Poker. That in turn meant I
needed to find my kitchen scale to weigh the game. I need to start contacting
Malaysian retailers and distributors, to see if they want to stock my new
game. I take the opportunity to ask whether they need to restock my other
titles.
I had to do some stock checking. When Pilgrim Poker arrived, some of
the boxes looked like they have been handled roughly. I opened quite a number
of boxes to examine the games inside. Thankfully after all that checking, I
only found two damaged copies. Well, I guess I have my demo copies now.
Magicraft produced some extra copies for the possibility of damage, and the
extras were more than enough.
I still need to make how-to-play videos, and add them to my website. I have
written a designer diary for Pilgrim Poker. It has been scheduled at my
blog. I am submitting it to
www.boardgamegeek.com. Hopefully it
gets me some good exposure and generates some interest. What else have I
missed? Gosh why is there so much to do?!
More info: https://www.cilipadigames.com/pilgrimpoker





No comments:
Post a Comment