Friday 18 January 2008

Board Game Internet Awards 2007

I did my daily boardgame internet surfing today, visiting BoardGameNews, and found that the 2007 Board Game Internet Awards have been announced. To my surprise, my blog won the Best New Site award! That was completely unexpected and I am very flattered. When I started the blog, it was only for the convenience offered by Blogspot. Much easier than what I used to do - manually editing HTML pages for the boardgame section of my website. I had expected myself to be making blog posts about once or twice a month, i.e. a similar frequency as how I used to update the boardgame section of my website. However I ended up enjoying blogging about my boardgame hobby more than I expected.

The BGIA was how I found the NYC Gamer blog, which was the Best Blog winner of 2006 (I think). This is a blog of quality over quantity which I admire a lot. Very good depth in the articles, and always interesting.

One thing I can say about BGIA is this is going to be a one-off thing for me, because I won't be qualified for Best New Site in 2008 anymore.

What's funny, and embarassing, is that even other people who read my blog agree that I'm writing more than I'm playing boardgames.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. The site looks good and, you're right, you do write a lot. In a good way.

I was equally surprised as you for my Trickylight website to win Best Boardgame Club Site - I definitely wouldn't have qualified in your category as the site has been pretty active since 2001.

Maybe you'll go for best overall blog in 2008

Garry

Hiew Chok Sien 邱卓成 said...

Thanks, Garry, and congratulations to you too. I visited Trickylight and it is very well-organised and informative. Unfortunately I don't have a regular enough gaming group to be able to do something even close to that.

Aik Yong said...

Congrats, Hiew. Very prolific writing. I didn't realise we have a good blog right here in good 'ol Malaysia, need an international(US) website to tell us that.

Hope we can game sometime.

Tim - A GameBuff said...

Congrats on the award. I've had your blog in my feedreader for months when I saw your blog added to Yehuda's blog. You have a nice perspective on games and gaming with nice images all the time too. I knew my blog was in good company when Yehuda nominated our blogs. Mine is aimed more at casual games and gamers, but I will never lose my rpg and strategy game heart :)

-Tim
Buffalo GameBuffs blog