Friday, 21 August 2026

Play Play Asia opens for business!


We have a new physical boardgame store in downtown Kuala Lumpur! Play Play Asia is located in GMBB Mall, which is a local hub for arts. The shop specialises in Asian games, with much focus on South East Asian titles. This is a collaboration between Origame from Singapore and LUMA from Malaysia. You will see many Singaporean and Malaysian game titles at the shop. Can you spot my games Malaysian Holidays in this photo above?

The place is on Level 1, at a corner lot. 

I went early on opening day (Sat 15 Aug 2026) before the crowd came

Merdeka Day (independence day) is coming so Malaysian titles are spotlighted

I am given a whole section for Cili Padi Games titles! Woohoo!

There are play tables for you to sit down and play

This is like home - comfy!

This shelf is for demo copies. It is already full! 

The boss (Daryl Chow of Origame) is busy arranging the shelves


Since I have been to quite many game fairs around South East Asia, I thought I'd have seen most Asian game titles. I still found many I had not heard of before. 

Game components as wall decoration

If you are in KL, go take a look! 

No comments: