Friday 3 November 2023

parenting and boardgames


I was invited to conduct a seminar on 23 Sep 2023, on boardgames and parenting. I'm always happy to have the opportunity to introduce boardgames as a parenting tool. Always excited to spread the joy, and to help other families develop better bonding. The seminar was for both parents and children, and most of the children who came were from primary school to lower secondary school. 

I introduced boardgames in general, and spoke about modern boardgames, which many people are not familiar with. Boardgames is still a pretty niche hobby. I shared why they are a great family activity, what they teach, and how modern hobby games differ from traditional mass market boardgames.  


Julian came to help that day. We both arrived very early to make sure everything was ready. We did our preparation and checked the setup before going for breakfast. After breakfast the parents and children started arriving. 


My full time job is leadership training, so public speaking and teaching are what I do every day. However it is not often that my audience includes children. The kids were proactive in speaking up and asking question. Great participation! 


Two of my boardgame friends made an appearance, Tim and Allen. I often take photos at my gaming sessions, and these photos become my material when I prepare slides. 


The presentation is just part of the event. The more important part of the activity is letting the parents and the children experience playing modern boardgames themselves. I brought quite a few family games. This one is Halli Galli

My ex-colleague Simon came to support me. He brought his daughter. 

Group photo

No comments: