Saturday 27 August 2022

Crowdstorming: Tagline for Dancing Queen

Looking for help: ideas for game tagline. I'm working on self-publishing my game Dancing Queen, a 2-player 9-card game which plays in 20 minutes. I am trying to think of a tagline to be put on the cover. The game is aimed at gamers. Although it is a short game, there are some tactics which non-gamers may not appreciate. It is not a mass market game. The objective of the tagline is to arouse interest and to entice the reader to want to know more about the game. 

Here are some ideas I've come up with. Still not yet decided. Would like to get feedback and suggestions. 

  • A short and sweet game for two
  • The gamer couple's game
  • Take me to prom
  • The night is young

For reference, this is what I plan to put at the back of the box: "It's party time! You and your opponent both have in mind a particular dance to perform. Will you get your way? How many boys and girls should you bring? Will you bring a girl secretly dressed up as a boy to foil your opponent's plans?" 

Dancing Queen won the BoardGameGeek 2021 9-card game design contest. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would choose something slightly edited from the DQ song? Something like “You're in the mood for a dance. Will you take the chance?” or “The night is young and the music's high….”

Hiew Chok Sien 邱卓成 said...

Thanks! I was thinking about this as well. Then I thought it might mean a lost opportunity, because if I use something from the song, I'm not conveying much additional information to the reader. So now I lean towards writing something that gives more information about the game or the theme which can attract the reader to want to find out more.