Friday 18 September 2020

Sekigahara storage

My copy of Sekigahara is the second edition. The box is deeper than the first edition, so fitting all the components into the box is much more manageable. I didn't like the box insert, so I re-folded it, to give me more space and more freedom in how I wanted to store the components. I found a small black box which suited perfectly for the cubes and special tokens. I used a Secret Recipe cake box to create two custom boxes for the blocks. 

That's the box bottom on the left, with the box inserted re-folded to become just "wallpaper". The two red boxes on the right are for Tokugawa and Ishida blocks respectively. 

The Ishida box has a small yellow stripe, which I had cut out from the original sticker sheet. 

To open the box, first slide the string sideways. No need to untie the knot. 

Once the string is removed, start unfolding the box. Lower flap first. 

Then the upper flap. 

Finally the two sides. 

I arrange the blocks this way to ease game setup. All blocks with setup icons at the bottom right are placed together. The rest of them are arranged based on the clan mons. 

The Tokugawa box has a black stripe. 

Shift the string sideways. 

Then start unfolding the box. 

Open the upper flap. 

Then the sides. 

Tokugawa blocks are arranged in a similar manner. Those with setup icons first, and then the rest based on clan mon. By referring to this photo and the previous one showing all Ishida blocks in the game, you can work out the probabilities of which blocks are what during play. It's a lot of work though, so I don't actually do that. 

I think this little black box was originally for a key chain. 

Next let's pack up the game: 

Box bottom. 

First I put in the two boxes containing all the blocks. 

Next are the two draw bags, the two decks of cards, and that little black box. 

Now the game board. 

Two reference sheets. 

Rule book. 

This is my own reference sheet. I've made many such reference sheets for games I've played, more than 300 by now. 

Finally the box cover.